Disclaimer: None of these recipes are mine, I did some tweaking, but that’s all.
So, I haven’t been slacking off, yes with blogging, but there has been so much school work to do…college apps *ahem*. Anyways, so I’ve been baking up a storm because crafting requires so much more time and baking, well you get satisfaction, quite a bit quicker. Plus, baking just makes me feel good. I love seeing people eat the food I make. So, the reason I was able to make all of this tasty stuff, was because I’ve been surfing a bunch of food blogs. (Instead of writing that pesky common app essay…) So here is where I got all of these lovely recipes. The only change I made were:
1) For the chocolate biscotti, I subbed in some raisins for chocolate chips, and I think the raisins added nice texture and flavor to the biscotti.
2) I used lobster instead of crab in the salad because that’s what we had on hand.
3) For the peanut butter cookie recipe, I used butter instead of shortening, and added more peanut butter, and left out some sugar
4) I didn’t have a mini doughnut, so I made DIY doughnut molds.
5) I put more chocolate in the chocolate croissants and drizzled/slathered the croissants with melted chocolate…because why not
Chocolate Biscotti: http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2009/01/chocolate-biscotti/
Lobster/Crab Salad: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/popovers-stuffed-with-crab-avocado-and-mango-chopped-salad-recipe/index.html
Peanut Butter Cookies: http://amandascookin.com/2010/05/peanut-butter-cookies-soft-and-chewy.html (**the recipe is originally from the back of the crisco box, but she posted it on her website)
Baked Cinnamon Roll Doughnuts: http://www.topwithcinnamon.com/2012/06/cinnamon-roll-baked-doughnuts.html (DIY doughnut molds here: http://www.topwithcinnamon.com/2011/11/baked-cinnamon-vanilla-donuts-plus-diy.html)
Croissants: http://www.topwithcinnamon.com/2012/12/how-to-make-croissants.html (Chocolate croissant shaping here: http://www.topwithcinnamon.com/2013/01/chocolate-croissants.html) (PS my dough was too sticky/buttery because of my own fault and it was really warm, so rolling out the dough was a pain, but they were so worth the effort)
Apple Strudel Muffins: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/apple-strudel-muffins/